Course Terms & Conditions
Please find below the terms and conditions of Dreaming Awake Ltd (the company), a company registered in England and Wales and limited by guarantee. Please read them carefully and do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Booking a Course
- Courses provided by the company are listed on our website. You can reserve a place online by making a required deposit.
- To participate on any of the more advanced courses, you must first have attended an introductory course. Some of the more advanced courses are by invitation only.
- Upon receipt of your booking you will be sent an acknowledgement together with information you will need, including directions to the venue.
- The company cannot guarantee that a course will run until the required minimum number of registered participants is achieved. This information will be posted to the company website. Any additional costs that you incur, for example booking airline tickets, on the assumption that a course will run, must be taken at you own risk. We recommend that you cover this risk by ensuring that the cost is covered by travel insurance.
- The balance of the course fee becomes due at a fixed date before your course starts. This fixed date will be 7 days before we are required to confirm the venue booking for the relevant course.
If we are unable to present a course, any deposits paid will be refunded in full.
- We are open to supporting participants that have genuine financial issues with meeting the full price for any of our courses. It will be appreciated that any reduction in the price will not reduce our costs, we will still have to pay the full price for accommodation and food. Please contact our admin team ([email protected]) to present your case. Participants are advised that the maximum support we can offer is £50 per course, and only in exceptional circumstances.
The information we collect and how we use it
- When you complete our online booking form for a course we ask for your name, email address and telephone number. We use the email address to communicate with you about the course, and we store your phone number in case we need to contact you once you are travelling on the day otf the course, or for any other course related emergency. It’s very rare that we use your phone number – examples have been when snow meant we had to cancel a course at the last minute, or to contact someone who was near the venue and needed help to find it. We do not share any of your information with anyone.
- Once you have booked a course, we will write to you and ask if you have any special requirements relating to accommodation or diet. We will pass these details to the accommodation provider and/or caterer so that we can provide the service you have requested.
- We store your information on our system unless you tell us to delete it. It useful for us to be able to look back over courses and see who attended but if, after you have attended the course, you want us to completely remove your information from our records we are happy to do that. Just write to us and ask.
- We use Stripe to process your card payments. They are a reputable and highly secure card payment processor. We do not collect, see or store and of your card data on our website. We can access our Stripe account and see who has paid for what and we do this if we need to refund your card (due to illness for example).
- Our courses are residential workshops generally running between Friday 5pm through to Sunday approximately 4pm. Food and accommodation is provided on-site. However, times may vary from course to course and full details will be forwarded to you as soon as your booking has been received.
- For residential events, the course price includes your accommodation, food and all tuition. The company is not registered for VAT and so fees are charged excluding VAT.
- All cancellations must be received in writing or by email. If you cancel at least eight weeks before your course, you will receive a full refund less your deposit which is non-returnable. However, no refunds are available if notice is given after this period, or if you do not attend or if you leave early. We therefore recommend that you consider taking out insurance in case you cancel due to unforeseen circumstances. We recommend ‘Cancelsure’ who can be contacted on 0345 071 3929 or at www.cancelsure-insurance.co.uk
- The company will not accept liability for: loss, injury, or damage (to you) or your personal property, or physical, medical or psychiatric conditions developing during or after your course, workshop or training. For the duration of our courses you are expected to take responsibility for your own wellbeing.
- I understand that this contract is entered into under the laws of the United Kingdom and by agreeing to these Terms and Conditions I understand that all Dreaming Awake Ltd workshops and trainings are offered for teaching purposes only and not for the purposes of providing healing or treating any student or participant for any physical or mental condition or illness.
Dreaming Awake Ltd, England